Desktop Publishing is the process of using the computer and specific type of software to combine text and artwork to produce documents properly formatted for print, web or mobile devices such as newsletters, brochures, books, business cards, web pages, greeting cards, letterhead, packaging, etc. Desktop Publishing can encompass everything from initial designing to printing and delivery of the finished product. The core parts of desktop publishing are page layout, text composition and the prepress or digital file preparation tasks.
- Forms, Database
- Operating System
- Basic of Internet
- Photo Editing Software
After completing a Diploma in Desktop Publishing, you can become: Desktop Publisher
How is Diploma in Desktop Publishing Course beneficial?
- You can work in an advertising agency or in any business firm that has a need for such a service.
- There is also an option to establish a freelance career.
- Plenty of jobs exist in digital design companies and in-house print companies.
- Employment opportunities in this industry are on steady increase specifically for jobs in the digital medium.
After the completion of this course, you can get Employment in the following areas:
- Website Development Companies
- Graphic Design Companies
- Multimedia & Graphics Company
- Newspaper & digital media Companies
- Stock Photography Companies
- Web Marketing Firms
- Educational Institutions
- Internet Marketing Companies
Diploma in Desktop Publishing Job Types:
- Digital Artist
- Technical Writers
- Graphic Designer
- Film & video editors
- Camera Operators
- Freelance Designer
- Digital Imaging Specialist
- e-Commerce Site Developer
- Web Promotion Executive
- Design Consultant
- Flash Media Designer
- Multimedia Designer
Average Starting Salary: INR 2 to 5 lakhs per annum